Our current research and development lines are the following:
Minor bodies of the Solar System
- Trans-Neptunian Objects.
- High-precision photometry.
- TTV studies (transit timing variations).
- Variable stars: RRLyras, Cepheids, cataclysmic variables.
- Compact binaries and low-mass X-ray binary stars.
- Stellar formation and cosmic dust.
- Stellar clusters: globular and open clusters, stellar associations.
- Stellar populations.
- The Galactic bulge.
- Formation and evolution of the Milky Way.
- Galaxy formation and evolution.
- Star formation in galaxies.
- Dust in galaxies.
- Galactic structure, kinematics, and dynamics.
- Optical and radio interferometry.
Technologies for astronomical research
- Development of automatic data-reduction systems.
- Development of automatic control systems.